Engine No. 58 was built by the Baldwin Locomotive Works of Philadelphia in October 1907 (construction #31899) for the Atlanta, Birmingham & Atlantic Railroad. She later became Atlanta, Birmingham & Coast No. 27. The locomotive was eventually sold to the U.S. Army and wore the number 6961, and was sold again to the Virginia Blue Ridge Railway and became their No. 4. She was later purchased by the Mead Corporation of Lynchburg, VA, and renumbered 300. In 1963, Malcolm Ottinger purchased No. 300 for his Valley Forge Scenic Railroad (VFSR). After operations ended on the VFSR, Brian R. Woodcock purchased the engine in 1973, moved her to the Wilmington & Western, and returned the locomotive to its original number. After sitting in storage for many years, Woodcock moved No. 58 to Avondale, PA, in December 1988 to become the star attraction of his Avondale Railroad Center. The locomotive sat as a static display until 1997, when Woodcock donated No. 58 to the Wilmington & Western with the wish that it be restored and operated in regular service. No. 58 returned to steam in the fall of 1998, and was dedicated as "The Veteran's Locomotive" on May 23, 1999. No. 58 has a boiler pressure of 190 psi, a tractive effort of 31,100 lbs. and weighs over 150,000 lbs.