Engine No. 114 was built in 1940 by the Electro-Motive Corporation (EMC) of General Motors for the Lehigh Valley Railroad (LV). After many years on the LV, it was sold to the Maryland Port Authority and worked as a dock switcher for a number of years in Pocomoke City, MD. In 1974, No. 114 was moved to the Ocean City Western Railroad in Ocean City, MD, where it worked briefly in tourist service, until the railroad closed in the late 1970s. In the early 1980s, the Wilmington & Western went looking for another diesel locomotive and found the 114 in storage on a siding in Snow Hill, MD. Funds were not available at the time to purchase the locomotive, but two Wilmington & Western volunteers, Skip Small and Joe Giacchino, offered to purchase No. 114 and lease it to the Wilmington & Western. An agreement was made and No. 114 was moved to Delaware where volunteers began a long restoration, which included the installation of a new cab floor and windows, extensive body work, re-trucking of the locomotive, and a complete overhaul of the auxiliary generator and electrical cabinet. In the spring of 1992, the railroad's Board of Directors approved a plan to officially acquire No. 114 in trade for diesel locomotive No. 3, an Alco S2. No. 114 entered revenue passenger service on Sunday, September 26, 1993, and has worked in the Red Clay Valley ever since. No. 114 produces 600 horsepower and has a fuel tank capacity of 600 gallons.